Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Help Build a PC?
Topic Started: Aug 2 2016, 03:57 PM (214 Views)
東の獣
Member Avatar
BEAST from the EAST
I know these threads get posted often so I've come to just trust the fellas on this site. My budget isn't extraordinary either because of stuff at home and uni but I do have $500-$650 to blow on entertainment. I've always owned laptops and gamed on this Lenovo z50, which isn't terrible I guess.

is this a viable choice? http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Revolt-H300

I know, I know, prebuilts are usually overpriced and its typically the norm to buy each part individually when they're on sale and whatnot but I don't really know where to start.

Any tips are gladly welcomed.

EDIT: Alternatively I found this https://pcpartpicker.com/b/RT6XsY

Edited by 東の獣, Aug 2 2016, 04:13 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GhostyPoo
Member Avatar
like i said, that takes a grown fucking man right there....stay classy
That prebuilt one is kind of bad and gaudy as fuck lol.

The PC Part Picker one looks fine to me, but I'd switch the graphics card to a 960 with 4GB of VRAM. I didn't even know that the 750 was a thing, but I upgraded from a 760 that was struggling like two years ago, so I can't imagine the 750 would have much longevity.

東の獣
Member Avatar
BEAST from the EAST
GhostyPoo
Aug 2 2016, 08:20 PM

The PC Part Picker one looks fine to me, but I'd switch the graphics card to a 960 with 4GB of VRAM. I didn't even know that the 750 was a thing, but I upgraded from a 760 that was struggling like two years ago, so I can't imagine the 750 would have much longevity.
Thanks, I'll look into it. I found some other builds on pcpartpicker that I might just blend together for the best parts. I don't need anything crazy as most of the new multiplats I just buy on PS4 anyway.

GhostyPoo
Member Avatar
like i said, that takes a grown fucking man right there....stay classy
If you're taking parts from different PC Part Picker lists, put them all into a new list first; it automatically checks to make sure all of the parts are compatible with one another.

Pwner
Member Avatar
Holy Jeez?

GhostyPoo
Aug 2 2016, 08:20 PM

$30ish more and he could get a RX 480. 960 isnt really a bad card either, definitely go with a 4gb tho. I have one in my daughters PC and it works pretty well.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · PC & Mac · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS