Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ELI5; 320? vbr? 128? 9/11?; explain like I'm 5
Topic Started: Jul 19 2016, 07:28 PM (298 Views)
SHIRT
Member Avatar
A_really_Cool_and_funny_Guy
obviously i never really cared until now and could probably just google the information but...

EXPLAIN LIKE IM 5.

320, 128, VBR? what does this all mean? obviously its a sound quality thing but i alway get confused on which one to choose.

would like more personal answers from you guys and maybe what preference you like.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blacksalt
Member Avatar
Cat Dad Downey Jr.

Quality of recording.

Google helps with this question.

Jesse
Member Avatar
Veni, Vidi, Sensi
v0 or bust

benji
Member Avatar
Roll with the punches
VBR V0. Its as good as 320 and you can save some disk space cause they are tad smaller in size compared to 320.

https://www.whatinterviewprep.com/prepare-for-the-interview/mp3/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stfubaker
Member Avatar
Daily Spammer
320 is the best quality you can get, but usually the biggest file size
VBR usually bounces around the 225-275 range
256 is usually an itunes rip
anything under is poor quality.

best bang for you buck is VBR. I always go 320 though. Im a quality whore though.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

128 if youre a faggot with a small hard drive. 320 if youre a douche and need the best sounding version besides FLAC. VBR is the middle of the equation and usually the go-to bitrate for anyone who wants the best quality for the smallest file size. IMO its all relative since 90% of the music I listen to are 128kbps Soundclound rips and sound just as good as anything else to me.

chocollama
Member Avatar
I'm A Mormon
320 is good and pretty high-quality, but the mp3 format all the way up to (and including) 320 is still considered a "lossy" format.
Lossless formats take too much space for me to care about trying.
Besides, you get to a point where the shitty headphones you probably own (looking at you Beats and Skullcandy) wouldn't even let you hear the difference between a 192kbps recording and a 320kbps recording anyways. That's why I don't mind picking up VBR albums every once in a while. I honestly can't tell the difference using the stuff I own.

Liggy
Member Avatar
Hello Japan

9/11? How about investigating 3/11!?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-TRR5zBLrI

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Help Desk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS