Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stereo Installation in my Car
Topic Started: Jan 15 2016, 10:19 PM (255 Views)
anon
Member Avatar
Baby Mosher
I'm looking to install a new stereo in my car. Right now I just have the stock bullshit with no aux input and a broken CD player.

I'm clueless as fuck when it comes to this. I know you can get a stereo installed no problem, but I wanted to know if getting subwoofers/new speakers or whatever is absolutely necessary. Basically all I want is something with an auxiliary input so I can plug in my ipod and jam to my own music. I don't think I need/want a shit ton of bass blasting through my trunk (I drive an '05 Ford Focus. Need I say more?) I think the sound in my car is pretty decent enough.

I also wanted to know if going for a more expensive stereo would be beneficial as opposed to just going in Walmart and getting a $20 one.

I don't want to go in to get my new shit installed without having any real knowledge about what I want and the guy try to get me to pay for something I don't need so any input on the situation would be much appreciated.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pwner
Member Avatar
Holy Jeez?

If you aren't planning on replacing speakers just get something decent that has the inputs/functions you want. I wouldn't get a $20 stereo, but don't spend some crazy ass amount.

I would suggest Best Buy or something like that would be a good place to start, they'll usually have the harness and shit you'll need.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Help Desk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS