Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
BSOD windows 10
Topic Started: Jan 8 2016, 12:58 PM (478 Views)
Member Avatar
You're Welcome
So I left work and laptop was working fine. Went out for a bit and when I come home I get a Blue Screen of Death error on my fairly new Asus Laptop. Tried to fix the problem and I'm getting an error with the log file "E:\WINDOWS\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

Wondering if anyone has gone through this before. I've just recently crossed over from Mac to PC and I'm completely lost with all these troubleshoot suggestions or they're simply not working.

Tried booting into safe mode w/ networking and command prompt, but still get BSOD.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Homicidium
Member Avatar
the tech guy
Not a whole lot you can do unfortunately, ultimately it would probably end up in a BSOD stating that a critical process has stopped working.

Windows 10 shouldn't be too different from Windows 8 in that regard, so I found this on the Microsoft support forum.

However, I do have a feeling that ultimately, you'll have to re-install Windows.

So, really mrw

Posted Image
Edited by Homicidium, Jan 8 2016, 02:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Member Avatar
You're Welcome
Homicidium
Jan 8 2016, 01:55 PM
Not a whole lot you can do unfortunately, ultimately it would probably end up in a BSOD stating that a critical process has stopped working.

Windows 10 shouldn't be too different from Windows 8 in that regard, so I found this on the Microsoft support forum.

However, I do have a feeling that ultimately, you'll have to re-install Windows.

So, really mrw

Posted Image
thanks!

I did end up having to reset my settings. Seems to be working now. Weird because my E: Hard drive isn't even used. I'm only using 1 of my HDs and my SSD. At least doing the Reset fixed the problem. Hope it doesn't happen again. Idk what I did for that BSOD to occur.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Ive gotten the BSOD from things like a shitty Steam update. You update or download any software recently?

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
There are many possible reasons. How many Antivirus-progs are running atm? Some combinations of Firewall & Antivirus can also get you into trouble.

The problem isn't driver-related? You got an error on the E:\-drive without it being used? Sounds like a wrong driver.

Does your laptop support Windows 10?

Member Avatar
You're Welcome
Glitch
Jan 8 2016, 07:24 PM
There are many possible reasons. How many Antivirus-progs are running atm? Some combinations of Firewall & Antivirus can also get you into trouble.

The problem isn't driver-related? You got an error on the E:\-drive without it being used? Sounds like a wrong driver.

Ya my Laptop came running Windows 10. My C: is my SSD and then I have two HDs one being D: and then E: but I hadn't even put anything on the E: drive yet. I was running just Kapersky Total Security for my anti-virus.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
Jan 8 2016, 11:59 PM
Glitch

Ya my Laptop came running Windows 10. My C: is my SSD and then I have two HDs one being D: and then E: but I hadn't even put anything on the E: drive yet. I was running just Kapersky Total Security for my anti-virus.
Aight. What does the text file of E:\WINDOWS\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt say?

Member Avatar
You're Welcome
Glitch
Jan 9 2016, 02:10 PM
Glitch

Aight. What does the text file of E:\WINDOWS\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt say?
when I tried to find that out through the command prompt, it said the path to the file was not clear =/

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
Jan 11 2016, 01:05 PM
Glitch
Jan 9 2016, 02:10 PM
Glitch

when I tried to find that out through the command prompt, it said the path to the file was not clear =/
You should try to use the 'cd' command for every folder separately. So it'd be like:

cd E:\Windows
cd System32
cd LogFiles
cd Srt

Use 'dir' to list every file over there. The .txt file should be there, unless it disappeared.

Or you could use your file explorer to do the same thing, in a non-h4x0r-way :trollface:

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · PC & Mac · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS