Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OSX El Capitan
Topic Started: Sep 30 2015, 02:25 PM (825 Views)
Colton
Member Avatar
FAGGOT

Released today. Here is a great run down of all the improvements and fixes from MacRumors.

Hopefully it helps speed up my old pro, tbh tho im not expecting a huge increase in speed at all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GhostyPoo
Member Avatar
like i said, that takes a grown fucking man right there....stay classy
Downloaded this against my better judgement. Doesn't seem much faster, but it didn't break anything either.

Aquafina
Member Avatar
Black My Heart
Well, guess ill download it. Here goes nothing.

JulianLozano
Member Avatar
Daily Mosh Regular
I just want the San Francisco typeface installed on the system.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
JulianLozano
Oct 1 2015, 04:35 AM
I just want the San Francisco typeface installed on the system.
https://github.com/supermarin/YosemiteSanFranciscoFont
http://www.igeeksblog.com/use-san-francisco-font-on-os-x-yosemite/
Edited by Glitch, Oct 1 2015, 04:41 AM.

marchewia
Member Avatar
Daily Spammer
Okay I have a retarded question because I've never updated os x yet. A few days ago my brother reinstalled Yosemite on my macbook air and after that I installed many programs and shit. I won't lose my data from computer after installing the El Capitan? or I should back up everything? Also, this macbook is from 2012, it's not old, works great, but on the other hand it's not the newest. do you think it will slow down after installing the update?

Homicidium
Member Avatar
the tech guy
marchewia
Oct 1 2015, 06:33 AM
Okay I have a retarded question because I've never updated os x yet. A few days ago my brother reinstalled Yosemite on my macbook air and after that I installed many programs and shit. I won't lose my data from computer after installing the El Capitan? or I should back up everything? Also, this macbook is from 2012, it's not old, works great, but on the other hand it's not the newest. do you think it will slow down after installing the update?
Personal data meaning music, pictures and important documents should always be backed up, but you should do that on a monthly basis anyways.

I personally don't know if it requires and entire formatation and re-install for the new OS, but if it's the same process as with Windows 10, so an upgrade process, then you don't need to worry at all. All programs and documents should still be at the same place you've left them.

However, like I said up above, always make sure to back up important files and data and you should be good to go :)

marchewia
Member Avatar
Daily Spammer
Homicidium
Oct 1 2015, 06:38 AM
marchewia
Personal data meaning music, pictures and important documents should always be backed up, but you should do that on a monthly basis anyways.

I personally don't know if it requires and entire formatation and re-install for the new OS, but if it's the same process as with Windows 10, so an upgrade process, then you don't need to worry at all. All programs and documents should still be at the same place you've left them.

However, like I said up above, always make sure to back up important files and data and you should be good to go :)
yeah I know, I need to finally buy an external drive :/

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
marchewia
Oct 1 2015, 08:23 AM
Homicidium
Oct 1 2015, 06:38 AM
marchewia

yeah I know, I need to finally buy an external drive :/
Yeah, you should :D You don't have to, but there's always a possibility that an OS or a laptop will break and chances are high that you lost all your files.

For documents and images, you could also work with a cloud system. Works like a charm.

Colton
Member Avatar
FAGGOT

YOu can backup if you want but its not necessary. Ive done this type of update since mountain lion and have personally never had a problem with it. My MBP is from 2012 too and its running faster than yosemite did, so thats nice.

JulianLozano
Member Avatar
Daily Mosh Regular
Just updated, seems to be running smoothly,

My macbook is a mid-2010 model.

Blacksalt
Member Avatar
Cat Dad Downey Jr.

just updated my Mac, and it's working smoothly, update was quick too.

Colton
Member Avatar
FAGGOT

Blacksalt
Oct 1 2015, 07:15 PM
Lucky. Mine took 3/4 hours.

dinojr
Member Avatar
turned off
anybody know a way to change the font way back to Lucida Grande on el capitan?

dinojr
Member Avatar
turned off
dinojr
Oct 1 2015, 09:28 PM
anybody know a way to change the font way back to Lucida Grande on el capitan?
fuck while I'm at it anyone know a way to change it to the old garamond font? haha

JulianLozano
Member Avatar
Daily Mosh Regular
Colton
Oct 1 2015, 08:55 PM
Blacksalt
Oct 1 2015, 07:15 PM
Lucky. Mine took 3/4 hours.
Same. It was stuck on 25 mins for an hour.

patrickburnsred
Member Avatar
Active Mosher
I had to make a clean install, but totally worth for it. So much quicker than Yosemite.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
patrickburnsred
Oct 4 2015, 11:20 AM
I had to make a clean install, but totally worth for it. So much quicker than Yosemite.
In fact it's better to back up all the files you wanna keep and clean install anyway. A fresh new system is preferred over an upgraded one.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Every time I see this thread I laugh inside. What a stupid name for an OS.

Homicidium
Member Avatar
the tech guy
PYRAMIDS
Oct 4 2015, 12:35 PM
Every time I see this thread I laugh inside. What a stupid name for an OS.
Yeah, Yosemite sounds a lot better, but damn El Captian (isn't it in the Yosemite National Park?) looks so awesome.
And I love the El Capitan race track in Gran Turismo 4 :D

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · PC & Mac · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS