Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Looking to get back into PC Gaming.
Topic Started: Apr 15 2015, 11:03 AM (1,466 Views)
DUDECOOLSHIRT
Member Avatar
LLOYD BANKS
:flames: Help a homie find a good cheap-ish desktop to jam out on. :flames:

:kanye: :kanye: :kanye: :kanye: :kanye: :kanye: :kanye:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

First whats your price cap so everyone can help with parts easier?

DUDECOOLSHIRT
Member Avatar
LLOYD BANKS
PYRAMIDS
Apr 15 2015, 11:05 AM
First whats your price cap so everyone can help with parts easier?
I'd say maybe 350-450

DUDECOOLSHIRT
Member Avatar
LLOYD BANKS
I'm almost done saving a bit of cash to make a purchase.

Sk8-Rat
Member Avatar
BAD CHARACTER
DUDECOOLSHIRT
Apr 15 2015, 11:23 AM
are you going to be building this yourself? i read your OP twice and it seemed like you were asking for a prebuilt tower. just wondering.

DUDECOOLSHIRT
Member Avatar
LLOYD BANKS
Sk8-Rat
Apr 15 2015, 01:09 PM
DUDECOOLSHIRT
Apr 15 2015, 11:23 AM
are you going to be building this yourself? i read your OP twice and it seemed like you were asking for a prebuilt tower. just wondering.
I was talking with PYRAMIDS and he said it's better off to buy in pieces to not spent so much money that quickly...but I'm down for whatever. I'll snag one pre-built if i could.

Homicidium
Member Avatar
the tech guy
Going to put together something later, don't expect anything huge though ;)

Homicidium
Member Avatar
the tech guy
Alright, just put something together for you.
I kept the futureproofability in consideration, so I went for the most current Intel platform.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jrtW8d

As you can see, I got a little over your budget, but with that you have a very potent little system at your disposal, that should be able to play very good @ 720p and decent @ 1080p
If you cannot afford to spend 50$ more (which I urge you to do, since a SSD is the best performance upgrade you can have), you can ditch the SSD and meet your 450$ budget :)
Edited by Homicidium, Apr 16 2015, 02:39 AM.

Pwner
Member Avatar
Holy Jeez?

Homicidium
Apr 16 2015, 02:37 AM
I kept the futureproofability in consideration, so I went for the most current Intel platform.

As you can see, I got a little over your budget, but with that you have a very potent little system at your disposal, that should be able to play very good @ 720p and decent @ 1080p
If you cannot afford to spend 50$ more (which I urge you to do, since a SSD is the best performance upgrade you can have), you can ditch the SSD and meet your 450$ budget :)
I'd say ditch the ssd for now and get a R9 280. Decent budget build regardless.

Homicidium
Member Avatar
the tech guy
Pwner
Apr 16 2015, 03:00 AM
Homicidium
Apr 16 2015, 02:37 AM

I'd say ditch the ssd for now and get a R9 280. Decent budget build regardless.
Purposely refrained from giving him a more powerful (and more expensive) GPU, both the 265 and the 280 are based on old architecture, not to mention that you will be on the same, too high price, even if you ditch the SSD and get the 280.

A SSD will undoubtably give him a better computing experience than a faster GPU, and considering his budget, he's a Ryan type of guy and doesn't give two shits about 3 or 4 more frames :xboxone:

Sk8-Rat
Member Avatar
BAD CHARACTER
made some additions to pascals recommendations.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6cDzgs

Spoiler: click to toggle

DUDECOOLSHIRT
Member Avatar
LLOYD BANKS
You guys are the fucking bomb. :kwiss: I give somewhat of a shit about frame rate, I want to have a good gaming experience. I'm definitely going to look more into this and hopefully be able to make a buy within the next couple months. Like I said in a previous post, I'm down to spend a bit more but that was just the cap for now to see what I could get. The Doritos and Mountain Dew was a perfect addition to the build.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
sudo apt-get doritos

Zeke
Member Avatar
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Glitch
Apr 16 2015, 11:07 AM
sudo apt-get doritos
Sorry I'm using RHEL, no apt-get for me.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
Zeke
Apr 16 2015, 12:03 PM
Glitch
sudo apt-get doritos
cd ./doritos
make
make install
configure

On the other hand... RHEL got yum doritos. Brb switching distro.
Edited by Glitch, Apr 16 2015, 02:23 PM.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

I told him to up his minimum to $500 or $600 and buy it piece by piece as he can afford it so he can get a bit better of a PC to hold him off for a year or two before needing to upgrade anything. Would definitely scrap the SSD and replace it with a better CPU or GPU tho.

Zeke
Member Avatar
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Glitch
Apr 16 2015, 02:22 PM
Zeke
Apr 16 2015, 12:03 PM
Glitch
sudo apt-get doritos
cd ./doritos
make
make install
configure

On the other hand... RHEL got yum doritos. Brb switching distro.
Haha I actually have apt-get at home, but at work on some servers are RHEL and I was actually struggling to get dsniff through yum. Shit was impossible.

Homicidium
Member Avatar
the tech guy
PYRAMIDS
Apr 16 2015, 02:35 PM
I told him to up his minimum to $500 or $600 and buy it piece by piece as he can afford it so he can get a bit better of a PC to hold him off for a year or two before needing to upgrade anything. Would definitely scrap the SSD and replace it with a better CPU or GPU tho.
The CPU is fine for now, the G3258 is a very potent Dual Core, that won't (at least not by much) bottleneck cards up to a 980 or 780ti, so should be good at that front.

If he could hold out a little longer with purchasing the parts and up his budget to the 600$ range, he'd be able to get a better GPU (GTX960 possibly) and keep the SSD.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Homicidium
Apr 16 2015, 03:22 PM
PYRAMIDS
The CPU is fine for now, the G3258 is a very potent Dual Core, that won't (at least not by much) bottleneck cards up to a 980 or 780ti, so should be good at that front.

If he could hold out a little longer with purchasing the parts and up his budget to the 600$ range, he'd be able to get a better GPU (GTX960 possibly) and keep the SSD.
Now hes got some decisions to make....

DUDECOOLSHIRT
Member Avatar
LLOYD BANKS
PYRAMIDS
Apr 16 2015, 03:25 PM
Homicidium
Apr 16 2015, 03:22 PM
PYRAMIDS

Now hes got some decisions to make....
I do. I do.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · PC & Mac · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS