Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bandcamp rips
Topic Started: Jan 5 2015, 06:32 PM (2,648 Views)
Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
Yo guys. I might be overlooking something stupid, but I can't find a good way to rip Bandcamp songs in a decent quality. Anybody who knows a good site or some good software/plugin for that?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

http://offliberty.com/

Member Avatar
SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!

Bandcamp is streaming in 128 kbps so if you rip an album in higher quality it'll be transcode. I usually don't use software or site for that, you can save the streamed song from Bandcamp source code.

Lets see how it works.

STEP I.
Choose a song on Bandcamp (just one song, not the entire album).
Then right click anywhere -> View page source (or something like that) (if you are using chrome or firefox, you can use CTRL+U combo to view it)

Posted Image

STEP II:
If you are done with that, press CTRL+F for search. Enter the following: "mp3-128"

Posted Image

STEP III.
Copy the highlighted text.

Posted Image
Click to enlarge!

STEP IV.
Open a new tab, paste the code. You'll see a flash player which is playing the selected song. Save it (CTRL+S).

Posted Image

STEP V.
???

STEP VI.
PROFIT!!!

Congrats, you are a l33t hax0r!

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
Thanks both! Gonna check both the suggestions. Gotta live with the fact that Bandcamp streams 128. But it's good, it might be getting me buying Bandcamp music.

benji
Member Avatar
Roll with the punches
I've been relying on Internet Download Manager to rip almost every streamable media (bandcamp, youtbe) for ages. downside is it only works properly on windows.

Scum
Member Avatar
-ayy-
Down to be a l33t haxzor.

Also, Bandcamp started a "streaming service" where all you have to do is subscribe to a band and you can stream their tracks on your phone, as well as exclusive deals and tracks and whatnot.

hcmudd
No Avatar
Lurker
Jan 6 2015, 03:54 AM
Bandcamp is streaming in 128 kbps so if you rip an album in higher quality it'll be transcode. I usually don't use software or site for that, you can save the streamed song from Bandcamp source code.

Lets see how it works.

STEP I.
Choose a song on Bandcamp (just one song, not the entire album).
Then right click anywhere -> View page source (or something like that) (if you are using chrome or firefox, you can use CTRL+U combo to view it)

Posted Image

STEP II:
If you are done with that, press CTRL+F for search. Enter the following: "mp3-128"

Posted Image

STEP III.
Copy the highlighted text.

Posted Image
Click to enlarge!

STEP IV.
Open a new tab, paste the code. You'll see a flash player which is playing the selected song. Save it (CTRL+S).

Posted Image

STEP V.
???

STEP VI.
PROFIT!!!

Congrats, you are a l33t hax0r!
THIS!!! Profit much!?!? :D

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Even easier.... http://offliberty.com/

Copy and paste link to song you want to rip, save as. done.

youskankyjippo
No Avatar
JESUS DIDNT STEAL
why don't you want to support the artists WORK and actually BUY their work? which took months, maybe even years to CREATE! you skanks

So you guys (including the admin of this nasty website) can afford your rent, you can afford your cars and gas, you can afford your internet connection, your clothes, you get paid SALARIES from your jobs, yet....... you can't be BOTHERED to pay dollars for independent artists working hard to put out their music on Bandcamp? and you spend money on your internet connection, and your computers, to look for ways to RIP an artists work for free?!????

You disgusting skanks

Member Avatar
SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!

youskankyjippo
Jul 7 2016, 10:37 AM
why don't you want to support the artists WORK and actually BUY their work? which took months, maybe even years to CREATE! you skanks

So you guys (including the admin of this nasty website) can afford your rent, you can afford your cars and gas, you can afford your internet connection, your clothes, you get paid SALARIES from your jobs, yet....... you can't be BOTHERED to pay dollars for independent artists working hard to put out their music on Bandcamp? and you spend money on your internet connection, and your computers, to look for ways to RIP an artists work for free?!????

You disgusting skanks
Thanks for registrating. Enjoy your stay! <3

Liggy
Member Avatar
Hello Japan

youskankyjippo

You disgusting skanks
Shut your skank mouth.

Coalize
Member Avatar
Lurker
youskankyjippo

You disgusting skanks
I'm supporting a lot of artists. I spend around 50 by month buyind CD. 52 CDs a year. One every fucking week. I download the rest.

And If you don't agree with that, I really don't fucking care!

Unlearner
Member Avatar
life is a fucking toilet
Get a 9 to 5 if you want money. Nobody owes you shit just because you want to make music for a living.

volume7
Member Avatar
Mosher
youskankyjippo

You disgusting skanks
lmao! as if you've never pirated something in your life.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
volume7
Jul 15 2016, 04:02 PM
youskankyjippo

You disgusting skanks
lmao! as if you've never pirated something in your life.
It's like 2003 called and LimeWire still exists.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Help Desk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS