Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Pebble Watches; Who has em?
Topic Started: Dec 28 2014, 06:24 PM (2,163 Views)
ToothGrinder
Member Avatar
Rest In Piss

Bro, have you ever looked into the LG G Watch R (think that's the name), probably cheaper. Think someone else makes one too. I like the looks of the moto360, but yeah, pricey.

Edit: Never mind, that's just as expensive. Maybe even a bit more expensive actually.
Edited by ToothGrinder, Jan 1 2015, 10:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zdmetal
Member Avatar
Mosh God
I've wanted an LG G Watch R ever since I heard about it a few months ago, but I can't justify spending $300-350 on a fucking watch. I may have to look into these Pebble ones though. Is the face like glossy plastic or is it more of a matte finish around the screen?

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

zdmetal
Jan 1 2015, 10:43 PM
I've wanted an LG G Watch R ever since I heard about it a few months ago, but I can't justify spending $300-350 on a fucking watch. I may have to look into these Pebble ones though. Is the face like glossy plastic or is it more of a matte finish around the screen?
Its glossy but you can read it in the daylight perfectly.

ToothGrinder
Member Avatar
Rest In Piss

Another + for the Pebble is that the battery life is way longer than the new smartwatches. (Which last a day or less, depending on use of course)

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

ToothGrinder
Jan 4 2015, 12:59 AM
Another + for the Pebble is that the battery life is way longer than the new smartwatches. (Which last a day or less, depending on use of course)
Yeah mine lasts 3-6 days per charge and only takes 3 hours to fully charge

zdmetal
Member Avatar
Mosh God
Fuck it, I bought one. Watched a couple reviews and was convinced I needed it I guess.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

zdmetal
Jan 4 2015, 03:39 AM
Fuck it, I bought one. Watched a couple reviews and was convinced I needed it I guess.
haha how you liking it?. I recommend the watch/companion app Music for Pebble and the game Tiny Bird for fun.

zdmetal
Member Avatar
Mosh God
PYRAMIDS
Jan 4 2015, 12:38 PM
zdmetal
haha how you liking it?. I recommend the watch/companion app Music for Pebble and the game Tiny Bird for fun.
I just ordered it from Pebble directly as it's $100 there, and $150 seemingly everywhere else, so hopefully it gets here by the end of the week. Already got the companion app on my phone ready to go though. Being able to control music and look at notifications will be worth the price of admission alone as far as I'm concerned..

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

zdmetal
Jan 4 2015, 03:38 PM
PYRAMIDS
Jan 4 2015, 12:38 PM
zdmetal
I just ordered it from Pebble directly as it's $100 there, and $150 seemingly everywhere else, so hopefully it gets here by the end of the week. Already got the companion app on my phone ready to go though. Being able to control music and look at notifications will be worth the price of admission alone as far as I'm concerned..
Ah word... post your thoughts when you get it. And I meant the companion app called Music for Pebble. Its like 2.99 in the App store. Some apps for the pebble watch require you to download and run an app from the app store at the same time. For example, that Music for Pebble app allows you to browse your phones full library (artists, albums playlists) right from your watch where as the default music controls are just play, pause, forward and back. You can download the actual apps for the watch for free but like I said, some of them require actual cell phone companion apps to run, which some are free and some cost money. Another one like that is called Smartwatch +. But it all depends on if youre using an android or iphone since theres diff apps for diff phones.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/music-for-pebble/id882091863?mt=8

or you can get a bundle of the paid companion apps

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app-bundle/smartwatch-for-pebble-bundle/id920334086?mt=8

The actual Pebble app that you need to pair your phone with the watch is basically just to organize all of your watch faces and download apps/watch faces.

Oh also lots of the reviews online are outdated and the firmware of the watches have been updated and lots of new features have been added to the OS since most of the reviews on youtube were made.

Zeke
Member Avatar
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

I am thinking about getting one. Currently have an iPhone 5S to pair it with. Any thoughts?

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Dont get the classic ones. Ive had 2 so far, both screens fucked up before 6 months. They replaced my original for free, then the replacement fucked up too

Zeke
Member Avatar

I am thinking between Pebble Time and Fitbit Blaze currently.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Zeke
Aug 28 2016, 06:38 AM
Youd definitely be better off going with those but in my experience theyre the Skullcandy of smart watches. Break too easily

Zeke
Member Avatar

PYRAMIDS
Aug 28 2016, 07:10 AM
Zeke
Aug 28 2016, 06:38 AM
Youd definitely be better off going with those but in my experience theyre the Skullcandy of smart watches. Break too easily
Bought an Apple Watch Sport in the end. :ninja:

Dan_The_Dilf
Member Avatar
Dad
Ive had a moto 360 for awhile. bought it because i was one of those kids that would make a watch every week online and wait 2 weeks for it to ship from china.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Mobile · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS