Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[SOLVED] Video Game Section
Topic Started: Oct 24 2014, 05:05 PM (566 Views)
xNickyUrinex
Member Avatar
Takes Life. Seriously.
I'm just bringing this up because it has been bugging me lately. I want to discuss a game but I then have to figure out where it was posted. The PC/Mac section shouldn't have video games, as it has enough hardware and software conversation without it. Having a video game section for console and PC games makes more sense. Most games are either on all three platforms or can easy be categorized by the Topic Description saying "PC" or "Xbox One" or "PC/Xbox One/ PS4" etc... It would just save me some time when looking for a particular game. Would also volunteer to move any existing game topics from PC to the renamed Console Gaming forum.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

xNickyUrinex
Oct 24 2014, 05:05 PM
I'm just bringing this up because it has been bugging me lately. I want to discuss a game but I then have to figure out where it was posted. The PC/Mac section shouldn't have video games, as it has enough hardware and software conversation without it. Having a video game section for console and PC games makes more sense. Most games are either on all three platforms or can easy be categorized by the Topic Description saying "PC" or "Xbox One" or "PC/Xbox One/ PS4" etc... It would just save me some time when looking for a particular game. Would also volunteer to move any existing game topics from PC to the renamed Console Gaming forum.
Will fix now. Changed the title and will now move all the video game related threads in the PC section into the Video Games section.

xNickyUrinex
Member Avatar
Takes Life. Seriously.
PYRAMIDS
Oct 24 2014, 05:07 PM
xNickyUrinex
Oct 24 2014, 05:05 PM
Will fix now. Changed the title and will now move all the video game related threads in the PC section into the Video Games section.
Wow, that was quick. Ha ha.

The Matt Reptar
Member Avatar
PRSVR

How about a General Gaming section for discussions about multi-platform games or stuff like the "Random Gaming Thoughts Thread' and then a subsection each for Consoles and PC gaming.

And then change the PC/Mac section to Computers.

The "Visual Arts & Tech" would look like this.

• Television
  • Movies
  • Gaming
    - Console Gaming
    - PC Gaming
  • Computers
  • Mobile Discussion
  • Art Corner
  • Videos

Colton
Member Avatar
FAGGOT

The Matt Reptar
Oct 24 2014, 05:15 PM
How about a General Gaming section for discussions about multi-platform games or stuff like the "Random Gaming Thoughts Thread' and then a subsection each for Consoles and PC gaming.

• Television
  • Movies
  • Gaming
    - Console Gaming
    - PC Gaming
  • Computers
  • Mobile Discussion
  • Art Corner
  • Videos

This.

xNickyUrinex
Member Avatar
Takes Life. Seriously.
The Matt Reptar

• Television
  • Movies
  • Gaming
    - Console Gaming
    - PC Gaming
  • Computers
  • Mobile Discussion
  • Art Corner
  • Videos

What things would specifically need the PC Gaming and Console Gaming section though? I mean, most video games would be posted underneath the Gaming forum and I suppose things like Gamertags for different platform could be in Console and PC, but what else?

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Done. When making threads now just make sure you guys specify what platform(s) the game is for whether in the title or description.

It doesnt matter what platform the game is for, every thread to do with a game is now under Video Games. Everything related to PC/Mac hardware or software is still in PC/Mac

The Matt Reptar
Member Avatar
PRSVR

xNickyUrinex
Oct 24 2014, 05:23 PM
The Matt Reptar

• Television
  • Movies
  • Gaming
    - Console Gaming
    - PC Gaming
  • Computers
  • Mobile Discussion
  • Art Corner
  • Videos

What things would specifically need the PC Gaming and Console Gaming section though? I mean, most video games would be posted underneath the Gaming forum and I suppose things like Gamertags for different platform could be in Console and PC, but what else?
I don't know. It was just a suggestion. Didn't really think that far ahead tbh. But Ryan already moved everything so no need to start moving everything around again.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Its been a problem thats bugged me too a bit when it comes to multi platform games and the general video game thoughts thread. This suggestion just pushed me to actually make the switch.

xNickyUrinex
Member Avatar
Takes Life. Seriously.
PYRAMIDS
Oct 24 2014, 05:26 PM
Its been a problem thats bugged me too a bit when it comes to multi platform games and the general video game thoughts thread. This suggestion just pushed me to actually make the switch.
Glad I wasn't the only one.

The Matt Reptar
Member Avatar
PRSVR

So I changed the names of a couple of those sections just to see what it would look like. Keep them or change them back?

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

The Matt Reptar
Oct 24 2014, 05:33 PM
So I changed the names of a couple of those sections just to see what it would look like. Keep them or change them back?
Looks good to me.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

PYRAMIDS
Oct 24 2014, 05:34 PM
The Matt Reptar
Oct 24 2014, 05:33 PM
Looks good to me.
I also moved and pinned a few topics to the top of Video Games.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Report Problem/Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS