Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
"Supporting Members"; Annual Donations
Topic Started: Nov 20 2013, 12:07 AM (1,434 Views)
staycruel
Member Avatar
Come and take them
So i have this idea, some of you may like it other may not..

Basically i think there should be another "VIP" section of the forum but made for members that make donations to the site. So like say in order to get the "title" of "supporting member" you have to donate $19.99, with that you would get your group title changed to "supporting member" a bigger avatar resolution, perhaps a badge of some sort? Shit like that.. Maybe there could be a few different packages for the donations.. Like donate $29.. and get a t-shirt with other perks of being a "supporting member"

Just an idea that i have, figured maybe it'd encourage more donations and have some sort of "reward" for it.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bitchbox
Member Avatar
Through the streets in me kilt I'll go...
We tried doing TDM merch. Dunno what happened to that, but there were some sweet designs floating around...

staycruel
Member Avatar
Come and take them
If you guy's have any ideas share them.. I think this would encourage people to donate to the site. Especially us VIP members that frequent the site.

ItsChewThirty
Member Avatar
You just entered the Xanderzone.

I don't think anyone is willing to pay money just to become a special member.

staycruel
Member Avatar
Come and take them
It's not just becoming a "special" member tho, it's donating to the site.. The other shit is just an extra.

Scum
Member Avatar
-ayy-
I'll pay for something if it's rad. Because I like this site a whole bunch.

Who technically pays for it right now?

staycruel
Member Avatar
Come and take them
Scum
Nov 20 2013, 12:30 AM

Nobody, last thing i knew there was next to no donations. That's what i'm sayin' i'd be willing to pay, help the site out and get a few extra's that everyone else won't have.

Scum
Member Avatar
-ayy-
staycruel
Nov 20 2013, 12:33 AM
Scum
Nov 20 2013, 12:30 AM

Nobody, last thing i knew there was next to no donations. That's what i'm sayin' i'd be willing to pay, help the site out and get a few extra's that everyone else won't have.
Yeah, I'm down for something like that. And wait, who runs this site?

staycruel
Member Avatar
Come and take them
Ryan

Scum
Member Avatar
-ayy-
staycruel
Nov 20 2013, 12:38 AM
Ryan
that cunt.

staycruel
Member Avatar
Come and take them
I figured most of the VIP's here would be on board with this, i think it's a good idea.

PYRAMIDS
Member Avatar
👽

Im always down for money.

If we made enough per month we'd end up getting a legit site by paying for hosting. Shits expensive tho which is why I just pay for the domain and use free shitty zetaboards.

staycruel
Member Avatar
Come and take them
ryanimosity
Nov 20 2013, 02:01 AM
Im always down for money
You down with the idea or what?

Bark
Member Avatar
Platoon Goon
I am totally down to donate, if it takes off though. MOney is pretty tight around the holidays, I am more than happy to chip in but if other people do too (I know that sounds bad) but it's the truth.

Two or three donations of 5 bucks probably wont go a long way, but 15 donations could.
I don't know if you get what I mean, sorta hard to explain.

I think it's a great idea though, I would totally pick up some merch, and when I have the money personally would be interested in a $20 special thing, but the money would have to directly be used to support the community in some way.
Edited by Bark, Nov 20 2013, 04:05 AM.

Bark
Member Avatar
Platoon Goon
Pretty much what I meant to say is I feel like it'll only work if majority chips in.

Chainbreaker
Member Avatar
Fu-Sion-HAH
ye i think its going to be counterproductive. Its going to end up being this becomes a proper website for a month or two, then gets moved back to zetaboards. I think if you made the donate button bigger or something more people might think about clicking but dnnooo.

Zeke
Member Avatar
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

We tried the TDM merch many times and failed everytime.

Imo a way for donations: $2 to use the search bar. :aintmad:

Yeah, I'm willing to throw in a few bucks per month, if others do too and ryan swears on his cat's life that he's not gonna smoke the money or drink it away.

But then we can make pot&alcohol donations too.

Liggy
Member Avatar
Hello Japan

I donated to this site back in 2011. Fuck you losers!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Homicidium
Member Avatar
the tech guy
I like the idea.
I too would donate a small amount each month, 2$ like Zeke said, but the question would be how expensive running a website with proper hosting would be?

It would require, that everybody would donate money, and not everybody is able to donate a certain amount of money all the time or on a monthly bases, I know I couldn't. Especially around the holidays money tends to be a limited resource. Another problem I see is, that we're too few to be really able to pull this off. Some VIP's are barely on and some others aren't simply willing to donate.

Again, I would be down to do this, but if I'm perfectly honest I don't think this is going to work. :/
Edited by Homicidium, Nov 20 2013, 10:30 AM.

staycruel
Member Avatar
Come and take them
Yeah, i see the problems that there would be. This is just one of those idea's i had while i was bored as fuck at work. I'd definitely be willing to donate money. What i was saying is if we got enough people to do it, it could be an "annual" donation not a monthly. So once a year we would pay the $19.99 or whatever and get the extra's.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Report Problem/Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS