Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suburban Scum - Breakup?; Thoughts?
Topic Started: Jan 9 2017, 12:20 PM (252 Views)
激怒
Member Avatar
'member?
So I scrolled past my Instagram feed this morning and stumbled across a longer text of Karebear from Suburban Scum:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Later today I see this on Twitter:
Posted Image

I know they major fucked up with that "this is hardcore scandal" with Tom & Karebear involved, but I would lie if I'd say I don't dig their tunes, so it's kind of sad to me. Catched them @ Return To Strength Fest in 2015 and it was an amazing show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blacksalt
Member Avatar
Cat Dad Downey Jr.

Good.

Misanthrope_kl
Member Avatar
My tea's gone cold and I'm wondering why...
Music is good but the band members are very sketchy, but it would be very difficult to find a hardcore band who hasn't said or done something sketchy.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
Blacksalt
Jan 9 2017, 12:51 PM
Good.
Just came here to say that exactly.

xNickyUrinex
Member Avatar
Takes Life. Seriously.
Just goes to show making a shitty decision is enough to ruin your band. I agree that they made good music but I'm not sad to see them go. Got enough shitty people in the hardcore scene that make good music to fill the void. Hopefully it just makes room for good people making good music in the scene instead.

RILEYofOSIRIS
Member Avatar
is it safe to be a pawn, when all the rooks close in on you?
cant lie either, they're one of my favorite Hardcore bands. sad to hear there isn't going to be new music coming from them.

avarice
Member Avatar
two-step enthusiast
I thought one of their EP's was pretty cool back way back, but I thought the full length was honestly kinda terrible. Just a really generic, forgettable sound coming from what seems like a buncha piece of shit dudes. As the great Mat Bruso once said "youuuu would be NO GREAT LOSS"

EDIT: honestly they fell off soooo hard after that incident too, and the record leaked and didn't sell, a break up is really the best decision these guys could make for themselves in every way. Even if they wanna continue writing together, time to end this project at least.
Edited by avarice, Jan 9 2017, 03:51 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Art of Lust
Member Avatar
"Eighteen Visions are the modern Beatles"
So glad they're breaking up. Can't wait to see every jack off kid who froths them try to crowdkill 10X harder now out of sadness that their thug idols are gone. Boo-fuckin'-hoo.

Dan_The_Dilf
Member Avatar
Dad
Surprised this took as long as it did.. know who else probably has panic attacks? The kid you almost killed. good riddance

avarice
Member Avatar
two-step enthusiast
Dan_The_Dilf
Jan 9 2017, 04:41 PM
Surprised this took as long as it did.. know who else probably has panic attacks? The kid you almost killed. good riddance
Makes me sick that they would ruin hardcore for someone for their rest of their life over something so petty. I fucking detest that kind of behavior. Everyone loves a good mosh, and that feeling of fear and excitement is part of what makes the experience unique and appealing in the first place, but to bastardize it like that to look tough, just get the fuck out of here.

Joeyyyo
Member Avatar
"The things that really scare us are the things going on just outside the spotlight that we can't quite see."
Dan_The_Dilf
And that's what I thought when I read this. Like this dude left someone with mental, emotional, and physical scarring with his bare hands, and he's giving us the sob story about his internal struggles and trying to garner sympathy? Gtfo of here.

Oh, and I think the word he was looking for is "solace"..not solitude. Big dumb mongloid.

Unlearner
Member Avatar
life is a fucking toilet
Oh well.

AdmiralAqbar
Member Avatar
Baby Mosher
Dan_The_Dilf

This. He truly doesn't deserve to say shit like this after what happened with Tom. Agree with everyone else, good riddance.
Edited by AdmiralAqbar, Jan 10 2017, 03:53 AM.

Sashas
Member Avatar
Baby Mosher
yeah after i just read what happened with that drummer i could care less about the vocals let alone this band

thinneroftheherd
Member Avatar
Baby Mosher
oh well, they fucking sucked anyway.

louty22
Member Avatar
Pissed Off Italian
Hardcore's dying. Immensely.

representhxc