Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Taboo; an FX tv-show with Tom Hardy
Topic Started: Jan 8 2017, 12:16 PM (238 Views)
patrickburnsred
Member Avatar
Active Mosher
Posted Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1fiijqrKuc
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aquafina
Member Avatar
Black My Heart
Verrrry excited about this. Couldn't come at a better time either because non of my shows are currently airing.

Stuart-Oxlade
Member Avatar
Mosh Ninja
I've been chatting about this at work. Apparently it was on BBC at the weekend. Need to play catch up.

From what i've been told, the show creator wrote this role for Tom Hardy if he starred in Locke for him. It's also from the creator of Peaky Blinders which is no bad thing.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

patrickburnsred
Member Avatar
Active Mosher
Watched the pilot yesterday, it's phenomenal so far. Hope for the best.

Stuart-Oxlade
Member Avatar
Mosh Ninja
Watched the pilot, very odd. Tom Hardy gets to do his usual badass skit and they've set up a couple of interesting developments for the future. It's all very non-PC eh? I loved the line about the bag of testicles

Joeyyyo
Member Avatar
"The things that really scare us are the things going on just outside the spotlight that we can't quite see."
Saw it too. I must admit that Hardy's rocking his signature look with the hair style and all , and it's kind of anachronistic in the world of 1814 Britain. Just something I noticed. I suppose since his character is vilified it makes sense that he defies customs of dress and appearance.

I'm eager to learn more about the background of his family because that remains pretty murky at best. By the end, it all started to come into focus more I think.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Essien
Member Avatar
TΔΜ

Watched the first episode. Not sure what to make of it, it's very odd. Doubt I'd keep watching if it weren't for Tom Hardy.

Aquafina
Member Avatar
Black My Heart
Have it recorded, watching it tonight!

Blacksalt
Member Avatar
Cat Dad Downey Jr.

Really enjoyed the 1st episode, the show is darker than even I could've predicted and I look forward to the next few episodes.

Dan_The_Dilf
Member Avatar
Dad
wheres everyone watching it? I dont have bbc and am trying to watch it!

Joeyyyo
Member Avatar
"The things that really scare us are the things going on just outside the spotlight that we can't quite see."
Dan_The_Dilf
Jan 12 2017, 02:00 AM
FX. The pilot premiered last night there for us.

patrickburnsred
Member Avatar
Active Mosher
In Hungary on HBO and HBO GO

Blacksalt
Member Avatar
Cat Dad Downey Jr.

Dan_The_Dilf
In Canada on FX Canada, dunno where you are at bruh

Aquafina
Member Avatar
Black My Heart
Loved the first episode. Surprised Tom Hardy went the TV series route but after seeing the show I totally understand why he did it.

Dan_The_Dilf
Member Avatar
Dad
Blacksalt
Jan 12 2017, 01:18 PM
Dan_The_Dilf
Im in Florida, I just dont have Cable. For some reason I thought there were two episodes out and couldnt figure out why I could only find one.

Stuart-Oxlade
Member Avatar
Mosh Ninja
Aquafina
Jan 12 2017, 02:42 PM
Loved the first episode. Surprised Tom Hardy went the TV series route but after seeing the show I totally understand why he did it.
You need to see Peaky Blinders if you think he's good in this

Blacksalt
Member Avatar
Cat Dad Downey Jr.

Dan_The_Dilf
Jan 13 2017, 01:05 AM
Blacksalt
Jan 12 2017, 01:18 PM
Dan_The_Dilf
Im in Florida, I just dont have Cable. For some reason I thought there were two episodes out and couldnt figure out why I could only find one.

I think they released 2 episodes to critics, and aired one episode that was a 90 minutes on FX. So reviews I've read show both the first and second episode, but here in Canada only one episode aired.

Joeyyyo
Member Avatar
Anybody watch last night? I'll admit that my attention started to drift a bit but then those last like 10 minutes or so..

Dan_The_Dilf
Member Avatar
Dad
I felt the same exact way. Ill end up watching next weeks episode. I really hope he's a cannibal.

Joeyyyo
Member Avatar
I'm kinda with Essien that I probably wouldn't carry on with watching it if weren't for Tom Hardy. I can't tell if the start has been clumsy or just painfully slow. I feel like the better part of both episodes have been so inundated with dialogue. And not the good kind. The kind that makes you wonder when it's going to end, and has the urgency and energy of an afternoon tea meeting. Hoping it picks up.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Television · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS