Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Music Thread Experts / Blog?
Topic Started: Nov 2 2016, 05:06 PM (150 Views)
Aquafina
Member Avatar
Black My Heart
I have been thinking about this idea for awhile now and how it can potentially be a really cool thing for this board.

First of all, I work full time time and have a family and life has taken over so I rarely find new bands or get a chance to get exposure to new bands so I stick with my go to's. Obviously I want to change that and get back into finding new bands that I really dig but I need help.

Seeing as how we have a different forum for each 'genre' of music and have some well versed users who know everything about a certain genre, we should have them make a blog / recommendation post. Instead of going through every band that I have never heard of and listening to random songs I would love for someone who loves death metal to just put up a weekly post of the shit that needs to be checked out and new songs from new bands and when X album is coming out, etc, etc. I dont have the time to do all that and I know for some people they just know everything and have extremly good taste and can help some of us other busy folks find new music.

Thoughts? Im sure we would have plenty of users who would do a great job at it to.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Colton
Member Avatar
FAGGOT

Stringypoo has a good death/trash and black metal list going on in the music discussion area. Ryan had a rap/hip hop one going too which was lit.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
This is not at all a bad idea. Indeed, there already are some threads in the same vein, which is a good thing.

Stringypoo
Member Avatar
The Old School Metaller
Colton
Nov 2 2016, 05:17 PM
Stringypoo has a good death/trash and black metal list going on in the music discussion area. Ryan had a rap/hip hop one going too which was lit.
Thanks Colton~

Yeah, to some degree that was my vision when I started my death/thrash metal thread. I recognize that perhaps both of those genres are less favorable than hardcore, rap, and a bunch of other stuff on here, but I've refined my tastes to the point that I can say I know these genres so well that hopefully people interested in thrash and death will find something they like. I haven't been updating the list I started as frequently but that's because after a while it becomes harder to find nice things to share that you didn't already share. But do check out those thread as Colton mentioned.

Aquafina
Member Avatar
Black My Heart
Colton

I have been following both those threads for awhile, a lot of good stuff.

Glitch
Nov 2 2016, 05:40 PM
This is not at all a bad idea. Indeed, there already are some threads in the same vein, which is a good thing.

There are some good threads already like you mentioned but seeing as how we have so many members with so many different tastes, I think there would be plenty of people to post in their respective thread.

Stringypoo
Nov 2 2016, 06:56 PM
Colton
Thanks Colton~

Yeah, to some degree that was my vision when I started my death/thrash metal thread. I recognize that perhaps both of those genres are less favorable than hardcore, rap, and a bunch of other stuff on here, but I've refined my tastes to the point that I can say I know these genres so well that hopefully people interested in thrash and death will find something they like. I haven't been updating the list I started as frequently but that's because after a while it becomes harder to find nice things to share that you didn't already share. But do check out those thread as Colton mentioned.

Stingy, you do have an awesome thread. Cheers!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Report Problem/Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS