Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Daily Mosh Forums.

Sign up now to get access to the members only downloads section and become a member of our community of 10k+ members!

Enjoy your stay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SanDisk not detecting on Mac?
Topic Started: Oct 17 2016, 11:06 AM (240 Views)
Aquafina
Member Avatar
Black My Heart
I updated to the newest OS on my Macbook Air, and now I cant get any of my SanDisk to open. The computer recoginizes it is there, but I cant open it to transfer files or anything. Anyone else having the same problem? Im almost sure its a software issues not being able to read the SanDisk, but what software is it that I need to update?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
Aquafina
Oct 17 2016, 11:06 AM
I updated to the newest OS on my Macbook Air, and now I cant get any of my SanDisk to open. The computer recoginizes it is there, but I cant open it to transfer files or anything. Anyone else having the same problem? Im almost sure its a software issues not being able to read the SanDisk, but what software is it that I need to update?
Is it impossible to open it, or is it impossible to copy / transfer any file?

In the last case: it could be because your SanDisk is formatted to NTFS, which isn't writeable (only readable) by Mac. Mac should have external hard drives formatted to FAT32. Don't format it if you have any files on it though, 'cause formatting means erasing everything.

In the first case: have you tried to use Disk Utility?

Aquafina
Member Avatar
Black My Heart
Glitch
Oct 18 2016, 01:48 AM
Aquafina

In the last case: it could be because your SanDisk is formatted to NTFS, which isn't writeable (only readable) by Mac. Mac should have external hard drives formatted to FAT32. Don't format it if you have any files on it though, 'cause formatting means erasing everything.

It was impossible to Open it/Read or Transfer files. My computer could see that is was there because it would pop up in my 'Storage' but it wasn't accessible.

Anywho, all I did was restart my computer and it began to work again. I feel like a dummy. Thanks for your advice though.

Glitch
Member Avatar
The Daily Ranter
Aquafina
Oct 25 2016, 02:02 PM
Glitch
Oct 18 2016, 01:48 AM
Aquafina

It was impossible to Open it/Read or Transfer files. My computer could see that is was there because it would pop up in my 'Storage' but it wasn't accessible.

Anywho, all I did was restart my computer and it began to work again. I feel like a dummy. Thanks for your advice though.
Ah crap, I always forget to ask that before giving advice. "Have you turned your device off and on again?"

Glad it's solved though!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Help Desk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

edge created by tiptopolive of IDS